·
Registered
14,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm a Scott guy.

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
I like Scott but Johnson did really well with big shoes to fill, Not much choice right now though. :D

LK

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I voted for Bon because Highway to Hell was the 2nd LP I ever bought. Nevertheless, Johnson did a great job replacing him on subsequent albums.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I gotta vote for Brian Johnson, my favorite album of all time is Back in Black. There is none better

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
I'd have to go with Brian Johnson. Plus, he gave us the great songs from the album Back in Black.

Ethan

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What replacement leadman in general could ever replace an icon like Scott? Johnson's done as well as can be expected. He get's my vote.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
No both button?

There is no replacing Bon Scott- but Brian Johnson sure did as good a job as could be done, and I like both their work- glad they didn't stop performing and writing music when Bon died.
Amen to that. I like them both equally. Not to many bands out there that have different singers and great songs with each respective vocalist.

I like most of AC/DC's music, but really can't tell who sings what songs... I'll just say whoever did "Who Made Who" I like better. :)
Brian Johnson. Starting with Back In Black. He sounds all throaty. Wish the would hurry up with this new stuff I keep hearing tid bits about the last few years.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gotta go with Bon, even though I started with the Back in Black album. I went backwards from there and remember getting all the early albums!

·
Registered
300 Posts
scott

johnson is good but nothing tops the original also the back in black album was actually about 70% done when scott died and 9 of the songs were wrote and all the guitar tracks were down just had to redo the vocals cause of the death

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
No both button?

There is no replacing Bon Scott- but Brian Johnson sure did as good a job as could be done, and I like both their work- glad they didn't stop performing and writing music when Bon died.
X 2 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'd go with both if it were an option.

AC/DC is awesome and I can't think of another band who changed lead singers without missing a beat.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I like Scott but Johnson did really well with big shoes to fill, Not much choice right now though. :D

LK
That's what I was thinking.

·
Registered
801 Posts
the original singer always seems to be hard to replace but Johnson has probably as good as there is. seen ac/dc a few years ago and they rate one of the best i've seen. here's a song that has always given me goosebumps. i have the original album "high voltage"...
all ac/dc is great! i would play "highway to hell" on my way to work lots of times

1 - 20 of 39 Posts