Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. I have a 1969 Chevelle SS with air conditioning. I want to replace the broken two rectangular center dash air deflectors. Do I have to disassemble the dash in order to replace these two side-by-side vents? Also, does anyone know if the '70-'72 center dash air deflectors (#983 as advertised in Year One) will fit the '69?

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
You "might" be able to remove them without dropping the dash panel. Don't know for sure. My panel was out when I replaced mine. I ordered the new vents (not sure if I got the at Year One, though) and they did work and fit my 69. Mine were loose in the housing so I stuck the fuzzy side of some black velcro stips to the housing bottom and top. Fit nice and snug now and hold their position well.

------------------
My Elky
Arkansas Classic Chevelle Club
My Webpage

Danny Wooldridge
Member #1129
Aces #5044

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by d1_bradley:
Got mine from The Parts Place. Fit good (with the velcro trick) and I think you could replace them "in the dash"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to "pry" one out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djw69elky:
You "might" be able to remove them without dropping the dash panel. Don't know for sure. My panel was out when I replaced mine. I ordered the new vents (not sure if I got the at Year One, though) and they did work and fit my 69. Mine were loose in the housing so I stuck the fuzzy side of some black velcro stips to the housing bottom and top. Fit nice and snug now and hold their position well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to "pry" one out.

·
Registered
825 Posts
You should be able to get them out without removing your dash. I have a 72 dash almost ready to put in my car and the center piece is held by 3 - 5/16th's or 1/4" hex head screws. all of them are on the side of the unit towards the top. I no longer have AC in my car so I got a delete plate off of ebay but I am thinking of putting some 1 1/2 gauges in the opening instead.

Deon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts