Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if air conditioning bracket's are still available from GM for my 1970 SS396. I'm not concerned about getting a number's matching set, obviously, just something that will work on my car. Will later model year's fit or bracket's from a different car or truck do it? Thank's, Narti.

·
Registered
22 Posts
well I'm not sure about the AC brackets but I know that the PS brackets off a 78 truck fit and the AC brackets should fit also. most of which are still available from GM.

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
Narti, 69 to about 74,5,6? all BB AC brackets are the same and mount on the driver's side (68-earlier are on the pass side). Search around, you should be able to find a set at a fairly good price. If not, I think ALL are still available from Chev. If you do not have any luck finding a set, let my know and I will dig out the Chev part numbers. (But they are expensive from Chev).

------------------

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
What the heck, I wasn't doing anything so I dug out the part numbers. There are 5 compressor mounting brackets for the left side of 69-later big blocks.
Here they are:
1. 3969917---This is the big cast iron beast that bolts to the front of the head (the parts book calls it a Support).
2. 329227----This is the small cast iron bracket (the parts book calls it a Support) that bolts to the side of the head with 3 bolts, and if you have installed headers, it is necessary to grind away some of the lower bolt hole (does anyone know if 65-68 heads have the necessary mounting holes for this bracket).
3. 336054----This (Bracket) mounts to the front of the compressor and attaches to #1.
4. 3669911---This (Bracket) mounts to the rear of the compressor and attaches to #2.
5. 3969910---This is the bracket (sort of triangle shaped) that goes over the valve cover and attaches to the front and rear of compressor and the other end attaches to the intake manifold with a stud (the parts book calls it a Brace).

------------------

[This message has been edited by DZAUTO (edited 02-14-99).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.