Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started energizing my new AAW harness and I am not getting any voltage to the dash light fuse, with the headlights on and the ignition key on. Can any one tell me what the 12volt path is to the dash light fuse? I posted pictures of my diagnostic attempts in my albums. I can't figure out why I am not getting voltage to the dash lights. Help!

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
2 things:
are you sure the switch is rotated to the on area and full bright.
the switch may be bad (resistor broken is a common issue)

·
Registered
976 Posts
I just started energizing my new AAW harness and I am not getting any voltage to the dash light fuse, with the headlights on and the ignition key on. Can any one tell me what the 12volt path is to the dash light fuse? I posted pictures of my diagnostic attempts in my albums. I can't figure out why I am not getting voltage to the dash lights. Help!
If you have no voltage on either side of the fuse, then the green wire coming from the switch is dead. That can mean two things. Either the rheostst is turned all the way down, or the tail lamp fuse is blown. Most people don't realize that the orange wire on the H/L switch is the secondary feed for both the tail and park (after 1968) lamps and the green output wire to the dash lamps fuse. In effect, the dash lamps are double fused. If the tail lamp fuse blows, you also lose the dash lamps as the green output wire drops dead. Check to see if you have tail lamps.

Donny :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never mind, I just discovered that the dash light feed is thru the park light circuit. I started testing the headlight circuits and discovered that the park lights work and low and behold ******* dash lights. Sorry I bothered you Donny.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Never mind, I just discovered that the dash light feed is thru the park light circuit. I started testing the headlight circuits and discovered that the park lights work and low and behold ******* dash lights. Sorry I bothered you Donny.
No problem. Glad it worked out easily.

Donny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.