Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was on the front page of the Guthrie newspaper this week.
I don't know how it happened, but if all goes as planed, the A26 will fly on the 26th!!!
One of the guys at the aviation service on the airport brought the paper over to me after I opened the hanger this morning.
You may have to enlarge it to be able to read it.
Stay tuned.
DSCN2280.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Tom, I need a autograph while there still free.

Reactions: LeoP

·
Premium Member
6,912 Posts
Tom, I was going to travel up there with my youngest son tomorrow so we could witness the event on Monday. Looking at the forecast it looks like a high probability of rain and cold temperatures. Are you guys still flying Monday?
Thanks!

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, the flight is officially cancelled for Mon, Oct 26----------------BUT, we have a firm reschedule for next Sun, Nov1 (or course, we also had a firm date for Mon 26).
Same time schedule. Meet in the hanger break room about 9am, do a complete pre-flight briefing, totally inspect everything (which we did for the 97th time today!!!), hook up the tug, tow it out, start and run the engines and head toward the runway about noon. One more time------------------CROSS ALL FINGERS AND TOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, with that said, FI, IF, IF all goes well on that first flight (10-15min), we MAY, repeat, MAY come back in, put on more fuel and make a 1hr flight. REPEAT, that's a maybe!

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On another A26 Progress discussion, someone asked me about the company that modified our A26 into a corporate plane, and that ours was a prototype.
Well, here is the brochure (only one in existence) that was made by the company. It was modified for Rock Island Oil and Refining.
This is the front/back of the brochure------------------AND THIS IS ACTUALLY OUR PLANE WHEN IT WAS FINISHED.
Of course, ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the military equipment was stripped off and disposed of. We cannot replace that, but we plan to return the EXTERNAL appearance to a WWII version-----------top picture (photoshopped).
Gth_Hngr_A-26_w-CAF-logo_zpstf8iizmw.jpg

DSCN2285.JPG

DSCN2286.JPG

DSCN2287.JPG

DSCN2288.JPG

DSCN2289.JPG

DSCN2290.JPG
DSCN2291.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,912 Posts
Nope, the flight is officially cancelled for Mon, Oct 26----------------BUT, we have a firm reschedule for next Sun, Nov1 (or course, we also had a firm date for Mon 26).
Same time schedule. Meet in the hanger break room about 9am, do a complete pre-flight briefing, totally inspect everything (which we did for the 97th time today!!!), hook up the tug, tow it out, start and run the engines and head toward the runway about noon. One more time------------------CROSS ALL FINGERS AND TOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, with that said, FI, IF, IF all goes well on that first flight (10-15min), we MAY, repeat, MAY come back in, put on more fuel and make a 1hr flight. REPEAT, that's a maybe!
Thanks Tom! We will see if we can make that.

Are your instruments vintage or upgraded? Do you have modern avionics? Will you fly it IFR?

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tom! We will see if we can make that.

Are your instruments vintage or upgraded? Do you have modern avionics? Will you fly it IFR?
Some instruments are vintage. Some upgrades have been incorporated. CAF ONLY permits VFR flying, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, we do have IFR capability.
We have just recently installed ADSB (Automatic dependent Surveillance–broadcast), which will be MANDATORY for flying into Class B air space (the big airports, such as DFW, Denver, etc).

·
Registered
638 Posts
Wow I can just see some big time execs at 300knts at 10,000 feet for 6hrs. Can you say barf bag time.

·
Premium Member
6,912 Posts
Some instruments are vintage. Some upgrades have been incorporated. CAF ONLY permits VFR flying, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, we do have IFR capability.
We have just recently installed ADSB (Automatic dependent Surveillance–broadcast), which will be MANDATORY for flying into Class B air space (the big airports, such as DFW, Denver, etc).
Thanks for that. Is there a reason the CAF only allows flights by VFR?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts