Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
U know this probly isnt the place for this, but as I read through all the posts, I see Chevelle folks from all parts of the country and even some from other countrys, all different clubs from across our country united in one purpose, to share with other Chevelle people, not for profit or gains in any way just to share and have a few grins, mann wat a great group, if indeed Al can pull this off and turn this into a club, could u imagine the once a year pilgimage it would b to get us all together!! No judging or tropheys , in wouldnt be needed, we already know that we are probly the most dedicated bunch of Chevelle (some of us certifiable) nuts in the land, I personally would consider giving up a national event and gather with this group insted anytime, and wouldnt mind doing some serious driving to do so, anyway, just my 2 cents worth , Good Luck L89SEDAN

·
Registered
367 Posts
What a great synopsis L89, and you're absolutely right...I'm in!!
I can just imagine all these Chevelles in one place. Like you said, no show, no trophies, just a giant cruise. It would be great to meet some of these gearheads that we talk with/to all the time. And we could do different parts of the country each year. The biggest problem would be finding someplace to park all the cars. Or how about a cross-country cruise! A bunch of cars start on one coast and travel toward the other, picking up and dropping out as they can...Maybe old Route 66. Not everyone will go the whole distance, but they can all participate for as long as they want, and then...okay, I get carried away sometime...sorry.

·
Registered
367 Posts
sorry.

[This message has been edited by DaDon (edited 02-11-99).]

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
How about Okla City? It's right in the middle of the USA and on Rt 66. The Street Rod Nationals are at the fair grounds in the summer each year and there is a drag strip a few miles south in Noble OK.

------------------

·
Registered
129 Posts
neat idea.
course we could just pick some existing, preplanned event and just show up. You know....something like the Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin.....although theyre moving it this year.
OR....The Woodward Avenue Cruise?
I have plenty of vacation time to use this year w/ no definite plans as of yet......

Shannon

·
Registered
622 Posts
NO JUDGING, NO TROPHIES, NO CONTEST, and hundreds of Chevelles; that's my style !!I'll be there.Just a good ole cruise in. I like the cross country tour idea too. One coast to the other. Just plan the route and stop/start point for each night.Put it on this site. Anyone can join in or drop out anywhere along the line AND it is accessible to all. I-70 is pretty central.

------------------

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
As things now stand, we have a group of about 15 cars going to the Super Chevy Show in Maple Grove, Pennsylvania for the July 24 weekend. Although there will only be a couple of Chevelles in the convoy it still should be great. Many of the same cars went to Woodward last year but the chances of a large group getting parked together would be almost impossible unless you arrived about three in the morning.
Can you imagine trying to put names and faces together. Boy is he ever old. This guy is just a kid. He's chubbier that I imagined. OOps, I thought she was a he.
If you are going to a big meet, let everyone know and try to meet there. A club decal in the window would be a big help.
A friend of ours went on the east coast tour to Florida last fall and that's all he can talk about, Still. Norm won a trophy as well at a Chevy show in Florida while he was there.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Where exactly is maple grove PA ??????
It doesn't show on my maps

------------------

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am working as fast as I can to get my car done by July 4th. I want to take it from Phoenix to Charlottesville VA to see my sister.

I'm going to stop at as many shows and cruises as I can along the way. I will definitely e-mail Keith. PA on the 24th sounds very possible.

How about designing a antenae flag that says www.chevelle.com? That's the way we could spot each other.

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

[This message has been edited by jaqazi (edited 02-12-99).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.