Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here it is.... I have been getting alott of static on my radio. When the car is stopped its not as bad but when i get going i cant hear anything but static. Never had this problem up til now. A couple weeks ago i put a new battery in the car. The local stations have alott less static then the ones further away, they used to all come in very clear though. Could it be my antenna or could the new battery be the problem, it is a Napa Select battery. Also at night my head lights and dash lights seem to flicker and get brighter and dimmer as i drive, bad alternator? thanks alott...

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Static as in a putt-putt-putt sound or a whine as the engine goes faster? The flickering is usually the regulator. A more modern solid state regulator helps a lot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i actually get a whine sometimes also, but the static is i guess more like putt putt, it gets so bad the station doesnt come in clearly at all

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The putt-putt-putt sound or the radio whining as you go faster could be caused by the points or regulator. One way is to filter the radio. Local stereo shop should have a filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts