Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so a about 3 weeks ago i put in an order at ssautochrome.com i orderd a radiator top support, and an alternator bracket for a long water pump. i specified exactly this about the bracket.

"make sure that alt. bracket is empty in the part where it mounts because i
bought one that has is solid and it WILL not fit on my water pump. i have a
long water pump."

so the rest goes like this.

> From: justin hertel
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 11:50 AM
> Subject: my order
>
>
> hey
> ive been trying get ahold of you guys for the past few days and either your not there or your line is busy...on my order i need to cancel the alternator bracket. but i still want the radiator support and when are you guys going to ship? i placed the order a week ago.
>
> heres my info
> Order #: 10170
> Customer #: 9178
> Order placed: 9/3/2001

>From: "SSAUTOCHROME"
>Reply-To: "SSAUTOCHROME"
>To: "justin hertel"
>Subject: Re: my order
>Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:41:32 -0700

>Justin,
>We were waiting for the alt bracket - it was back ordered.
>We are shipping your radiator support tomorrow and we will credit your card, unless you want something else.
>Thanks
>TH

ok i get the radiator support and its cheap like smeared bumperspray paint quality chrome you cant see any reflections in it whatsoever, its bad but i decide to deal with it, a few days later the alt. bracket shows up...THE WRONG ONE TOO!! THE ONE FOR THE SHORT PUMP.

To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: my order...

I told you guys to cancel the alternator bracket... and you sent it anyways and the worst part is that i specified it to have the gap so it would fit a long water pump. this will not even fit my car which makes me ever more angry, along with your lowest of quality of chrome (spray paint?) on the radiator support. i want to send the bracket back and be rufunded for shipping and what not

Then they have the nerve to respnd with this...

Sorry,
We do not accept returns.
Thanks
TH

ok, now are they dumb or what? they said they woudl credit my account and instead they ship it and still charge me and say "sorry no returns" what a bunch a ****. so i advise stay away from the cheap products these chumps are selling. and be aware of there antics.

[This message has been edited by justinhertel (edited 09-24-2001).]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Justin, In the fine print it says:

RETURNS:

All sales are final. If there is a item you wish to return you must contact SSAutoChrome Inc. There is a 15% restocking fee for any item returned.

However, you did told them to cancel the alt. bracket so you could probably press the issue and get a refund. Ofcourse it sounds like they will still charge the 15% restocking fee and have you pay to send it back. If you paid by CC see what they have to say.

Either way, you still got screwed

------------------
Chappaqua: Female ailment caused by a wet bathing suit

Richard Dorrough
Tulsa, Ok
'70 Nomad (CHVELLE)
BSE454 gonna be
ACES # 789
TC # 453

[This message has been edited by Chvelle (edited 09-24-2001).]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you see they were supposed to cancel the the alt bracket almost a week before it was sent. so its there bad not mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let it be known as follows: One sided stories are not correct!
Prior to all this, Mr. Chump, I mean Justin, wanted to get some information on some products, so we directed him to the appropriate category.

Now - we are an online retailer, and the items are very specific on our site.
For example - if you have a BB Chevelle with PB, you can have valve covers with a recessed corner to have that.
But, non the less, we get people who cannot read very good.
So, Mr. Chump - oh sorry - justin orders the item from our site - and we ship the product he ordered!!

Case closed!!
He ordered the product he saw on the site, we shipped it!

It is not cheap chrome, we have thousands of happy customers.

If you continue to slander our company with false and mis-leading comments, due process shall follow.

Thanks and have a good day!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by justinhertel:
ok so a about 3 weeks ago i put in an order at ssautochrome.com i orderd a radiator top support, and an alternator bracket for a long water pump. i specified exactly this about the bracket.

"make sure that alt. bracket is empty in the part where it mounts because i
bought one that has is solid and it WILL not fit on my water pump. i have a
long water pump."

so the rest goes like this.

> From: justin hertel
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 11:50 AM
> Subject: my order
>
>
> hey
> ive been trying get ahold of you guys for the past few days and either your not there or your line is busy...on my order i need to cancel the alternator bracket. but i still want the radiator support and when are you guys going to ship? i placed the order a week ago.
>
> heres my info
> Order #: 10170
> Customer #: 9178
> Order placed: 9/3/2001

>From: "SSAUTOCHROME"
>Reply-To: "SSAUTOCHROME"
>To: "justin hertel"
>Subject: Re: my order
>Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:41:32 -0700

>Justin,
>We were waiting for the alt bracket - it was back ordered.
>We are shipping your radiator support tomorrow and we will credit your card, unless you want something else.
>Thanks
>TH

ok i get the radiator support and its cheap like smeared bumperspray paint quality chrome you cant see any reflections in it whatsoever, its bad but i decide to deal with it, a few days later the alt. bracket shows up...THE WRONG ONE TOO!! THE ONE FOR THE SHORT PUMP.

To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: my order...

I told you guys to cancel the alternator bracket... and you sent it anyways and the worst part is that i specified it to have the gap so it would fit a long water pump. this will not even fit my car which makes me ever more angry, along with your lowest of quality of chrome (spray paint?) on the radiator support. i want to send the bracket back and be rufunded for shipping and what not

Then they have the nerve to respnd with this...

Sorry,
We do not accept returns.
Thanks
TH

ok, now are they dumb or what? they said they woudl credit my account and instead they ship it and still charge me and say "sorry no returns" what a bunch a ****. so i advise stay away from the cheap products these chumps are selling. and be aware of there antics.

[This message has been edited by justinhertel (edited 09-24-2001).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
687 Posts
So you're from Raliegh.I'm not too far from there.I guess I know who to stay away from now.With the attitude of yours you will probably start to lose business.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>, Mr. Chump, I mean Justin, So, Mr. Chump - oh sorry - justin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like dealing with people who take cheap shots like this.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
I believe they better lock this one down now,I can see that it could get very nasty,all I can say is,I don't order from people I have never heard of,these online companies are dropping like flies anymore

·
Gold Founding Member
1,486 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSAUTO:
Mr. Chump, I mean Justin, wanted to get some information on some products, so we directed him to the appropriate category.

So, Mr. Chump - oh sorry - justin orders the item from our site - and we ship the product he ordered!!

If you continue to slander our company with false and mis-leading comments, due process shall follow.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that this board has a policy against supplier bashing. However, this supplier's attitude sure has influenced my opinion of him.

I suggest that Justin save this thread for any possible legal action presented by this supplier.

Have a nice day.

BTW: it is proper to capitalize people's names regardless of how they are used. But then again you're educated and already know that (re: "Mr. Chump - oh sorry - justin").

·
Banned
486 Posts
Weather the customer is right or wrong you don't respond by calling him chump! Remember, customers make paydays possible! You can be certain that this letter will be posted on numerous other automotive websites by the end of the day. Many other sites have aftermarket vendor forums so thousands of would be customers will see how you sorry ass operates. I'll be looking forward to your "going out of business sale"

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree with turbodave here. You are not making any friends here with your reply to Justin's post. What is your physical address in Raleigh. I would like to come by and see your operation first hand.

------------------
68 Malibu B&M blown 350, TH350 with 10" converter and Gear Vendors overdrive, 12 bolt-3.90 gears
69 CST Pickup original 396, TH400 factory AC/PS/PB
99 Harley Dyna Wide Glide
91 Sportster 883- now a 1200!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for setting the record straight. But judging from your attitude, you just lost several potential customers. I know I'll be spreading the word about your customer service to all my buds looking for parts.

BTW: Will you come back and tell us when you Going Out Of Business sale is?

------------------
Chappaqua: Female ailment caused by a wet bathing suit

Richard Dorrough
Tulsa, Ok
'70 Nomad (CHVELLE)
BSE454 gonna be
ACES # 789
TC # 453

[This message has been edited by Chvelle (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Justin-

Sorry to hear about you being scammed. TurboDave is correct....a business should never disrespect a customer by name calling. I own a business with 106 employees, and if any one of them ever treated our customers like that, they'd be out on their a$$ in a heartbeat. The nature of my business is such that a public advocacy group is constantly on the watch of our every move. If a customer were to contact them about being called "Mr. Chump", we wouldn't hear the end of it. This vendor should have made good despite what they think of you, as the wave of negative publicity on this board & others isn't worth it! Hope everything works out for 'ya...

------------------
Gregg Haskin
72 Chevelle SS
ZZ502 Crated RAT
Muncie M-20 4 speed
TEAM CHEVELLE #726 ACES #4486
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"
“What the heck are all these extra nuts & bolts for?”

Pictures of 72 Chevelle Resto: http://www.wcvt.com/~ghaskin

·
Registered
13 Posts
WOW! You would think a business would have better sense than to make the kind of response they did.

It's bad enough that the vendor bashing rule was violated, but for a representative of the company to wade in and pour fuel on the fire, I'm impressed.

I guess business is so good lately that they can afford to **** off 8000 plus potential customers, right or wrong.

But, this is the new way of business if you haven't noticed. People don't care squat about you or your problem.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Forgot to mention this... I just returned a defective fuel pump to Summit (my first return) and they handled the situation like professionals. I had a new replacement unit back in my hands in one week.

------------------
Gregg Haskin
72 Chevelle SS
ZZ502 Crated RAT
Muncie M-20 4 speed
TEAM CHEVELLE #726 ACES #4486
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"
“What the heck are all these extra nuts & bolts for?”

Pictures of 72 Chevelle Resto: http://www.wcvt.com/~ghaskin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes - we would handle the return as well -

He is the one who ordered the part, and he ordered the wrong part. He called the company chump, when he did not look at the descritpion of the part.

So just becasue it is a buyer calling the names that is OK?
That is in the "Rule Book"??

If I order a ham sandwich and get a tuna, should I have the right to call the waiter a chump? The cashier? The bookkeeper? The cook?

So we should not say he is the chump?

Does every story have two sides?

At the root of every business there is a human - not a chump, so therefore, a name chump can be recited back to the original issuer.

By the way, don't believe evrything you read.

He received credit for his Alt bracket - probably did not even get his new statement yet - and one for free at no charge - the one that he ORDERED!

Se La Vie

·
Registered
13 Posts
SSAUTO

Would it not have been better to handle this off line than to publicly make the point? Even if the customer was wrong it seems to me that you stooped to his level by making the type of reply that you did. You did not make any friends and giving him a credit and a "free" part that won't fit the car after the fact does little to make the situation better.

In the future if you have problems with anyone from this site, might it not be more professional to address you concerns to the owner of the forum? Makes sense to me.

But I think this got out of hand and personalities got involved, to bad.

Hey Al, put a lid on this thing!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there was no supplier bashing at least coming from me. it was a problem and now there trying to make good.

Dear Mr. Hertel,

I am the owner of Ssautochrome, and I saw the e-mails today as one of our phone attendants was talking about it.

I wanted to personally let you know that we do not emplore business practices as such.

If you are unhappy with your purchase, we will pick up your merchandise, and promplty issue you a refund.

We have had temporary high school students here, and the internet is where they go in their spare time. They are not an indication of how our company is run.

I apologize for the service, and e-mails you have had. It is totally uncalled for.

As a business owner, I take pride in making sure our customers are happy, and I am sorry I did not hear about your problem.

Please accept my apologies, and e-mail me or call me to discuss your merchandise pick up, and credit.

Thanks

Gregory Lane SSautochrome owner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.