Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
First and FOREMOST ! It is "" NOT "" a 1970- Factory produced LS-6 if it has C-60- A/C.
I ordered a 1970 LS-6 with A/C. It was N/A, So that is why I have my one owner LS-5 with C-60 still in my garage.
Solid lifter cars ( L-78s & LS-6s ) did not get A/C in 1970. So, I am guessing its a L-34 or a LS-5. The A/C hose insulator is held in place by a G.M. type of a Zip Tie. The G.M. zip tie is Appx. 1/2" wide and wraps around the foam insulator & the two heater hoses. The A/C " low side " line lays directly over the Alt. bracket.
The number two foam insulator lays against the L.S. fender well.
Bob
NOTE: A-6s do not do well at 5 or 6 grand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone got a couple photos that show the detail of the insulator position

a picture is worth a thousand words as they say
i am getting a AIM as well

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,421 Posts
This is where I mounted mine. That is where the deteriorated original was mounted. I see someone makes the insulator now but it looks like you would have to remove one end of the hose to put it on. What I used was the closest looking piece of pipe wrap that they sell for house pipes and then used tie wraps on both ends to hold it in place.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Look in HomeDepot in the electrical department. I know I got some big ones there not sure if they are 1/2" but I would say there at least 3/8".

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
You need to get a 250lb tensile strength to get a 1/2" wide Zip Tie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts