Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the dash of my 67 today, looking to see if I could find anywhere to plug in the console extension for the console I just bought. I found something all taped up, and thought that might be it, so I removed all of the tape. It was another flasher (Signal-Stat 175 12v Flasher). It's not for the turn signals or emergency 4 way flashers. Each of those has a round flasher. This one has a green wire with white stripe, and a blue wire, not going to anything. What the heck is this for?

Also, is there a place to plus in a console harness, or so I need an SS dash wiring harness for that?

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Also, is there a place to plus in a console harness, or so I need an SS dash wiring harness for that?
Manual or Auto ? What do you need to extend ? NSS, reverse lights, dial light, courtesy light etc. ?
But I've no idea on the other thing you found yet :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Manual. Just swapped out a Saginaw 4 speed for a Muncie. The console has wires for clock, clock light bulb and rear courtesy light. I thought I could just tap into one of the white wires going to door jambs, to get courtesy light working, but I guess there is more to it. It didn't work. Looks like I may have to just get the SS w/gauges dash cluster.

Oh, and that Signal-Stat 175 does somehow have something to do with turn signal and emergency flasher. I

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
The console has wires for clock, clock light bulb and rear courtesy light. I thought I could just tap into one of the white wires going to door jambs, to get courtesy light working,
You can make a harness pretty easy.
The clock and the rear courtesy light should have orange wires that need 12v+ (BAT) on fuse box, the white courtessy light switch wire hooks up to the white door switch wires, the clock lamp connects to the fuse box (lights) I think (the spare terminal that has power only when the lights are on) and a ground wire for the clock you can connect to a console mounting screw.
Or you can buy the harness :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts