Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Impressive - would like to learn more on engine build to support this.
It is impressive!
I too would like to know. My guess a lot of money and secret squirrel stuff going on!
I like the exhaust manifolds too! Maybe they are extrude honed for better flow? (secret stuff) lol

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
1,108 Posts
Jackson...that is flat out cooking'....... Would really like to see the "magic" behind this show.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts

Just bring your wallet.... a bunch of experience helps too. These guys definitely rock.

·
Registered
12,052 Posts
It is impressive!
I too would like to know. My guess a lot of money and secret squirrel stuff going on!
I like the exhaust manifolds too! Maybe they are extrude honed for better flow? (secret stuff) lol
And the chances of you finding out are ZERO!!!!!! You are absolutely right. A LOT of secret stuff, and the ones going fast don't want the ones not to find out how. I forget if this is the class, but basically its externally appearing stock, and internal mods even as far as displacement are allowable and pushed to the just past the letter of the rules.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Probably a 540 or something like that under the hood there. But that’s the way to do it.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
There is another member here from Puyallup, WA with a couple of 1967 Corvettes. One had a heavily modified chassis with a 1375+ HP 632 and the other was a FAST 500+ cubic inch BBC, tri-power and very trick factory looking exhaust manifolds. He shared a lot of the carburetor and exhaust manifold work to make it run. Some here may remember him - Steve Barker aka TC member 632C2.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
There’s a guy at our local track here with a COPO Camaro that runs this class. Runs 6.7-6.8 on the 1/8mi pulling gears. You’d never know it looking at the car.

lots of hard work and setup. Great work on this chevelle a end!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I would say the engine sticker is about 100 cubic inches off or maybe that is the total displacement for 6/7 of the 8 total cylinders. I don't think there is a 3.08 rear in there either. A lot of interesting stuff there to get to that time and looking stockish.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
There was a guy at our local track that had a 72 Corvette running high 9's that looked pretty stockish. In the pits he had the hood open and it looked stock right down to the valve covers. One thing I noticed was the big old Dominator hiding on top of a C-454 dual plane intake with the eddy name and number ground off. He just said, Shhhhhhhh, lol.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts