Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18,904 Posts
if your garage floor was clean before, it won't be now... those things leak oil like an old Harley..

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Nice! I've always liked the turbo Buicks. It's on my list of cars I'd buy if I had money to have more than 1.

Reactions: Bow_Tied

·
Registered
18,904 Posts
T Types are the same car for half the money..

·
Registered
349 Posts
Those are great cars, very different. i have an 87 Turbo Buick, real gentleman's car, drive to the track in comfort race and drive back

Get all the gauges, watch your boost level and knock

Reactions: craigs66

·
Registered
64 Posts
nice car. I have an 86 t-type that i have had since new. Correct statement on the oil leaks. these cars are so much fun to drive. Totally night and day from my 67 chevelle. but each car is unique in their own ways. Your car should run in the 10,s with 550 hp. the fastest i had mine was 11.90,s in the 1/4. makes for a fun street car though. if you dont have the alcohol kit from alky control you need to get it. Best mod on my car so far.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Very Nice!!!!

·
Registered
8,231 Posts
I remember thoes cars when new. Great looking car.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I remember thoes cars when new. Great looking car.
Yeah, me too. I was just entering High School. Can't believe it was 30 years ago. :surprise:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've owned two 87's. It is one of those cars I get an itch to own and then end up selling them for another Chevelle. They are such cool cars but, my other half absolutely hates them! Makes it tough to justify buying one again. Not to mention the potential buyers when I was selling mine were absolute nightmares to deal with. Seems like most buyers for any car are like that nowadays. I remember laughing when they would ask if it leaks oil. The only ones that don't leak have no oil in them! Fun cars to drive for sure.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I've bought my GN brand new back in '87 and still have it. It now runs mid 9's at 140 + mph and is still fully streetable. It's one of the most "fun" cars I've ever had and have no plans to sell it. My son also has one, an '87 T-Type WE4.
Here are a few pictures…:
First one is my son's '87 T Type (left) parked in my garage next to my GN (right)
Second is me driving my son's car at the track last summer (ran 11:04 on that run)
Third is my car at the GS Nationals in Bowling Green KY last October (ran my best ever 9:[email protected] 142 mph)

Claude. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Everyone I knew had one with I was in the service in 1988. Did they come in any other color, or was it you could have it in any color as long as it was black?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I saw a GNX once at a dealership, but the price was out of my price range. I should have bought it however!

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,228 Posts
I had a 1984 Grand National in 1986-87. I really liked it even though everyone thought it was a Monte Carlo SS. That drove me nuts! The '84 & '85 didn't have the intercooler on the turbo, so it was a little less HP, but still very impressive. The earlier ones had leather seats. I'm not sure why they dropped that option. I still have all the original shop manuals if anyone is interested in them.

·
Registered
18,904 Posts
Kinda like a SS and non SS Chevelle...:grin2:
kind of, if the non SS Chevelle had all the drivetrain and suspension parts of the SS..

Everyone I knew had one with I was in the service in 1988. Did they come in any other color, or was it you could have it in any color as long as it was black?
the GN was only available in black, the T Type was available in any color that you could order on a Regal in a given year. the one that i've owned for 12 years is dark blue..

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah it is a fun car. Have not had time to put miles on it because of work. It does get up and go though. No leaks as of yet. Seems like a small leak at the headers. Sounds like a lifter tick.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts