Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70's Realistic 8 track I am attempting to add and it does not have any diagrams to go by. Any ideas?? Just in case the Model# is 2-2024B. It has two plug-ins off the back. 5 wires and 4 wires. By the looks of the burnt red wire in the 5 wire cluster I am guessing this is battery. 1 down 8 to go.
thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 5 wire has 2 blacks, 1 red, 1 green, 1 gray. the 4 wire plug I don't have the mating connector. there is also another single wire off the top left.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is not a joke and it's a serious question. While driving back home from a holiday trip, my son asked me why an 8 track was called an 8 track. I remember them from my younger days, I'm 31, but could not tell him the answer, so why was it called an 8 track?
Thanks

------------------
Wallace L. Allen
SSGT/USMC
SEMPER FI
Proud owner
of a 1971 chevelle

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
If possible, take the cover (s) off and look at the circuit board. Realistic was pretty good about labeling the solder points for the wiring and components.

You may be able to decipher your connections this way.

------------------
'64 El Camino
383 - TH-350 - 12bolt - 4wh pwr discs
Bedded down for the Winter. (Way too early.. It's still nice (?) here!)

·
Registered
334 Posts
John D's suggestion to look inside should certainly help. If there's no obvious labeling, and you can take a picture & post it,some of us may be able to help.
Another option is to find a copy of Sams Photofacts for that model. I know some people at work that may be able to come up with a copy, but I don't go back to work until 6 Jan.

Rollin - to learn more than you may want to know about 8-tracks, check this site out http://www.8trackheaven.com/work.html

------------------
Ed
'68 El Camino (Current Project)
'66 Caddy Conv (Cruiser)
'87 Vette Conv (Daily Driver)

·
Registered
87 Posts
The green and grey wires are the 'hot' wires to the speakers. The black wires are the ground wires for the speakers. The red wire is the 'hot' for the stereo. The case is the ground for the stereo. Best of luck to you.

------------------
Dennymac
'69 Elky Rebuild in process
dennymac.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts