Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came acoss a 76 el camino that's for sale at a muffler shop. Has factory buckets that swivel and a factory automatic counsole. The motor that goes with it is on a pallet and looks to be a an old 307 with a manual three speed hooked to it?? and points dist. the quarters are toast. Front clip is good Was looking to use it as a parts truck for my 77. How rare is the bucket/counsole combo and whats it worth?? He's and old man and won't sell just the truck with out the motor. want's it out of his yard. didn't really need another parts car but?? Has hitch, camper shell headers, a couple of steering boxes and other junk/stuff in the bed. Any ideas $$$
thanks, David

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Well, do you want, or can you use much of it? The seller is lucky to have found a buyer like you, for the most part it would otherwise be destined for the scrap pile - not much demand for that era. For sure the engine trans combo did not go with that Elky, but once again do you really want that stuff? As far as value, I dunno - how much does all of it weigh,and what is scrap metal going for?

If the seller is being coy as to selling price you could start things going by suggesting that you will haul it all away and not charge him.

If the seller is not really ready to sell for salvage value, just walk away, there are other parts cars to be had out there.

Don't know if this will help any for determining value, as it is hardly an apples to apples comparisson. The Plum Mist '67 that I bought ~ 2 months ago has: bucket seats, automatic center console, full guage pack including blinker tach, a/c, p/s, tilt wheel, currently registed and completely drivable. I paid $2,000 for it. Mind you it is a very tired example in need of a complete resto. But because of the massive desireability difference between '67 and '76, I can't imagine that I would pay more than a couple of hundred bucks for the '76.

Best of luck, Thomas

------------------
"Bomber" '67 El Camino, Beater comes back to life.
Was 350/TH350 14.90 @ 93mph, 360,000+ miles on car
Now 406 roller, 340rwhp, more hp coming, 3.08 gears
Street radials, left in drive, 13.20 [email protected] mph
8/1/01 added Plum Mist '67 to collection
*New* 468 on its way - going Big Block!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I don't think there's much demand for the bucket and console combo, since these cars in this year model range aren't highly sought after by restorers. So the value is probably minimal.
That's not to say that these aren't good looking cars when properly redone. But they simply don't draw the attention of most restorers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I Just Bought A 76 El Camino SS Driver. Rust Bucket. A Previous Owner Cut The Seat Belts, And I Need A Set. I Have The Swivel Buckets. Black Prefered. But Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Not Sure How To Cross Reference This Info, I'm Sure Other Years Would Work. Thank You. Damon
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.