Team Chevelle banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandmother was involved in a serious crash today. She was T-boned, at 72 years old she is tougher then I ever gave her credit for. No broken bones but massive bruising and a lot of pain. Today I learned that love between two people can be so strong even after 53 years of marriage, I realized today after seeing my grandfather break down and cry (only the second time Ive ever seen him cry, the other being while I was in the ICU for my 3rd surgery that went bad) that he would not make it in this world with out his love and my grand mother would not make it without him. It made me realize that their is love out their this strong and the divorces you see with people giving up and saying "we couldnt work through it" is bull****. You dont get married for sex, or attractiveness but how much you LOVE and are IN LOVE with the person, and getting a divorce for stupid reasons such as money and hardships is a cheap cop out. Our generation needs to grow up as do unfortunately our parents, they failed in teaching us what their parents taught them. You might not always like the person you are married to but if you tough it out and devout your life to the other person and to each other and vice versa that is worth more then money. Dont just take that approach to your marriage but for your job/life. Dont stand their expecting everything to be handed to you or expect everything to go easy and your way, dont cop out.

Please pray for her and my Grandfather.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I'm glad your Grandmother is doing OK, they can be tougher than expected. They made it to that age for a reason. My Grandmother was ran over by her own van and recovered pretty well, it just takes a little longer.

The comments on love are pretty spot on, we lost my Grandpa recently and my Grandmother is pretty tore up. Honestly I don't think he would have survived if she went first, he was very open about his love for her.

As for divorce I do believe some give up too easy, my sister recently remaried her ex husband. The whole situation just made me shake my head, they weren't divorced more than 2-3 years.

Prayers sent.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
you got it Danny. Grandmother's in my book are the best. and they're tough, she'll be fine. prayers sent. hmardown

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We found out from the police report today that she was hit by a Kenworth 18wheeler. She is lucky to be alive. Thank you all for the prayers. And when I said my generation Im 27 so meant a little younger people.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tests came back from my Grandmother, no broken bones, no internal bleeding. A 72 year old woman getting hit in a minivan with a Kenworth 18 wheeler and no serious injuries. Your prayers along with my families worked and I thank you all guys you all are part of my family.

·
Premium Member
13,741 Posts
Not to mention the safety features of the Minivan. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to mention the safety features of the Minivan. :thumbsup:
Actually in spite of them, the air bags did not deploy.

·
Premium Member
13,741 Posts
Actually in spite of them, the air bags did not deploy.

I'll bet the crush zones crushed though, the air bags take two contacts being closed to go off, maybe stop/hit wasn't sudden enough to deploy them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts