Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Elky's windshield has got some serious glare during night time driving. I purchased Eastwood's glass polish, and it didn't seem to help much. I think I may need to try a firmer buffing pad. How much would a brand new windshield cost, and would this be the only way to get a glare-free windshield besides refinishing the old one???
Thanks!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
There was a guy selling tinted windshields with the radio antenna built in at the Chevy Vettefest show in Chicago for $90.00 cash and carry..no tax. LOF glass. That's just about dealer cost for that piece of glass. Shop around the glass joints in your area for the best price, usually around $165 installed in the Detroit area.

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just paid 160, installed (71 Chevelle), guaranteed against leaks. Had factory tint and the windshield antenna. And they even came to my house to do it (Florida).

·
Registered
35 Posts
All the glass is made by just a couple mfg'rs in the U.S. You need to start calling some of the auto glass repair businesses in the Yellow Pages to find one. If they don't have it in stock, they can order it. It will not have the right safety glass codes and date codes, etc but it is a direct replacement. If you live in a rural area, you can check out the yellow pages on-line. DON'T go to some of these places that try to convince you it is replacement glass for a 'classic' and charge an arm and leg. This piece is readily available.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
72elky,
check the yellow pages. Ihad a friend get his 71 camaro done in the parking lot here in arlington, va for around what the others mentioned above.
kevin d

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
72 elky,
There is a cruise tonight down in Waldorf,MD at the Sam's club. I can't make it tonight but its a weekly event. There are usually a few MCC members down there each week. E mail me and we'll see if we can hook up next week.
kevin d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.