Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that you can't tell unless you are right in front of it, but the state of texas has what they call a 'Standard Presumptive Value' that you now have to pay a tax on, when you transfer a title and register a vehicle. it no longer goes off what you paid for it, but what the state decides it is worth.

sight unseen, what could the state of Texas say a '72 chevelle might be worth? it seems that they could range anywhere from $1,500-$25,000.

it appears i am at the mercy of the local tax assessor.

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
Do not think a 72 falls under the guidelines. If Bobfmtyler does not respond PM him as he works for that division.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
It is the same in Tennessee, at least in my county. They use the lowest value of the NADA guide. If you pay $500 and the lowest is $3500, you pay taxes on the $3500. Not really fair in my openion but what are you going to do???

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
i know that you can't tell unless you are right in front of it, but the state of texas has what they call a 'Standard Presumptive Value' that you now have to pay a tax on, when you transfer a title and register a vehicle. it no longer goes off what you paid for it, but what the state decides it is worth.

sight unseen, what could the state of Texas say a '72 chevelle might be worth? it seems that they could range anywhere from $1,500-$25,000.

it appears i am at the mercy of the local tax assessor.
I think Oklahoma does that too. No more saying you paid $1,000 for just about any classic Chevelle anymore. They're wising up to classic cars and their values.

·
Registered
862 Posts
that stinks. for the guy who has a chevelle 300, cuz on my title it has factory delivered price at like 2767.00 and dealer sale price of 4150.00. so i would be ok with the lower one if i was buying a car. i wonder how they ever inspect em.

·
Gold Founding Member
1,508 Posts
Yes, you need a title application (form 130U) signed by you and the seller. You can get it on the net,at the local tax office, or any car dealer that want's to give you one.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
whe i do a title for a Texan i include a signed by me copy of the 130U. never had a problem with showing a sell price of $100.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.