Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I like this car and I would love to drive it, but it is missing a lot in my opinion. For that kind of money the car would need to be perfect. And even then I think it would be a little high.

· Registered
952 Posts
I think this car sold on ebay for around $30k last fall. I like the color combo. My guess is he is phishing for a sucker to hit the BIN or if someone gets it for $40k they will think they stole it.

· Premium Member
551 Posts
I guess I am too anal sometimes but when people post pics of cars they are selling and don't take the time to just vacuum and clean them out and detail a little, come on.

· Premium Member
2,908 Posts
30-35k imo

· Registered
732 Posts
I like this car and I would love to drive it, but it is missing a lot in my opinion.
Ok Jon, I'll bite. :D
While I agree that the BIN price is too high, what is missing from this W code that I'm missing? Are there issues with originality? I see the dash issue & what looks to be something funky in the engine bay plumbing.

Any additional info would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

· Premium Member
1,356 Posts
The first big thing I see is the smog system is missing, exhaust manifolds, engine lift brackets, and radiator doesn't look original. I personally would want to refinish the brake booster and clean up the master. That being said I really like this car and maybe saying a lot is overstepping, but for the BIN price I would want it perfect.:beers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChilders View Post
I like this car and I would love to drive it, but it is missing a lot in my opinion.

Ok Jon, I'll bite.
While I agree that the BIN price is too high, what is missing from this W code that I'm missing? Are there issues with originality? I see the dash issue & what looks to be something funky in the engine bay plumbing.

Any additional info would be much appreciated.

· Registered
647 Posts
Hmmm, let's turn that upside down SS emblem on the bumper rightside up; what do ya say?

· Registered
732 Posts
The first big thing I see is the smog system is missing, exhaust manifolds, engine lift brackets, and radiator doesn't look original. I personally would want to refinish the brake booster and clean up the master. That being said I really like this car and maybe saying a lot is overstepping, but for the BIN price I would want it perfect.:beers:
I don't think you're overstepping by much. For that price it should be very near perfect. Thanks for the clarifications. :thumbsup:

· Registered
43 Posts
I got the car for 30 with tons of doc. Original parts, manifolds, extra steering box, shifter and linkage brackets etc. Runs like a rapped ape. Has all new poly grafite bushings it handles like its on rails. No rattles , shifts nice and smooth.

· Registered
10,919 Posts
Nice, thanks for the update.. :thumbsup:

Does it look as nice in person, as it did in the pics??

· Registered
43 Posts
Nice, thanks for the update.. :thumbsup:

Does it look as nice in person, as it did in the pics??
No problem, I really like the car, it has it's needs, but over time I'll get it done. And yes it looks great. Car came out of Denver originally. I've contacted several of the previous owners. This car may have belonged to Reggie Jackson . I will have doc. Whether it is in a week or so. One of the owners has more Docs. And it was purchased along with a Hemi belvedere from the Kruse auction in the early 90's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.