Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the measurements for the correct placement of the SS fender emblems on a 72 car. Would somebody mind scanning a page out of the Assembly Manual for me?? Thanks.

------------------
Dave Vanderputten
1970 Chevelle Malibu 307 (In Progress)
TC# 867
ACES# 3967
http://www.crosswinds.net/~daves70/index.htm

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Dave,
You may just want to go ahead and buy the assembly manual. The assembly manuals on the cars I've owned have all saved my butt at one time or another. Just a sugestion.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeaa, I know. I have one for my 70, but the '72 is at the body shop and the bodyman needs the dimensions like pronto. That's the only reason I asked.

Note to self: Add '72 Assembly manual to next parts order...

------------------
Dave Vanderputten
1970 Chevelle Malibu 307 (In Progress)
TC# 867
ACES# 3967
http://www.crosswinds.net/~daves70/index.htm

·
Super Moderator
16,020 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not 100% sure either, but I thought the 70's had one-piece SS badges whereas the 71-72's had to separate SS's. Also, do 72's have a 454 emblem??

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I do believe, correct me guys if I'm wrong, but I think only the 454 SS got the "SS454" emblem while the rest in '72 just got "SS." I'm not 100% sure but....I think that is how it went.

·
Registered
293 Posts
72SS is correct about the LS5 being the only engine with fender designations for 72. As for the SS emblems, my 70 (and all other 70's I've seen) also have the 2 piece SS. I believe they are all in the same location for 70-72. 69 is definately mounted higher on the fender.

------------------

Mark
1970 SS454 LS6 (nom)
-------------------------
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom to achieve a measure of 'safety' deserve neither freedom nor safety."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.