Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
My 72 assembly manual doesn't have it. The format of the 72 manual is different than 64 - 70 and likely 71 (don’t have a 71 man.). The changed format didn't include wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an assebly manual from a 71 and it does include a wiring diagram. Your best bet no matter what type of wiring you are planning on doing, is to gater a few manuals (hayes,chiltons,etc) and cross check the wiring diagrams of each one. Also you can buy a wiring diagram from your local resto shop. There are diagrams on ebay for sale as well.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks! I thought somwhere that 72 tach dash diagram existed but 70-71 did not.

72 says everything except optional or monte? there is one page for optional but that did not show much!

John

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
”On page 12-71 of the 1972 Chevrolet Passenger Car Service manual there is a wiring diagram for "Instrument Panel" (Monte Carlo, Chevelle SS)”

The service is well worth the purchase price. Not only do you get electrical diagrams, you also get a load of other good info. However you will not find a wiring diagram for the optional gauge dash. I sure would like to find them for all years, 64-72 of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts