Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car in question is a 72 malibu 307 auto w/ac.There are 3 wiring connectors from the harness (firewall,pass.side) that are not connected to anything and nothing to connect them to_One is a 2wire(grn,grn) w/a Vshape plug,one is a 2wire(tan,blu) w/a rect plug,one is a single tan.Also there is no temp.sending unit on either side of the engine.Both holes (between#1&3 and #6&8 cyl) are capped off.Is it possible that the sending unit on this engine is supposed to be between #6&8 cyl and would that be the single tan wire? Thanks to anyone out there who can help me. Deejay

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
double green sounds like the water temp sending wire, and maybe the single tan goes to your brake distribution block. Cant think what the other is off the top of my head.

------------------
Dave (NY)
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
72 chevelle
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros
TC member #493

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As per the 72 wiring diagram the grn/grn is in fact the temp sender. The tan /blu is for the TCS solenoid .And the single tan on the right side of the eng should be for the idle stop solenoid

------------------
Philip Mullaly
72 TPI El Camino

[This message has been edited by pmullaly (edited 10-28-2000).]

·
Registered
92 Posts
pmullaly has it exactly, I owned a 72 malibu with a 350 before I purchased my 70 and I went through this same process of trying to identify these wires.

------------------
Joe Scott
70 Chevelle Malibu 350/TH350
White w/black interior
Dreaming of a Big Block!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts