Team Chevelle banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am announcing this with a huge smile ono my face. This week my Sport Sedan will be undergoing a restoration at Columbus & Rods in Columbus, Ga. It is truly a head turner when I am driving it so I need to do it justice and give it back its youth. I will be posting pics periodically on the progress and am open to ideas. I am going with the original colors that are on the vehicle at the present and add a digital dash and disc brakes for starters.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be a daily driver for me so the drivetrain will be completely gone through. Any suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am subscribing to this thread. I have a 71 that I wish I could send off. instead I am chipping away at keeping it drivable myself. looking forward to updates.

·
Registered
348 Posts
That is going to be a great looking car when done. Very nice daily driver. That is what they were built for. It is funny the reactions I get from people when I tell them that I am fixing up my wagon to be my daily driver. It is just too bad that this is fround upon by the auto insurance industry. I think it is wrong that the collector car insurance companies like Hagarty will not insure our cars if we use them for daily use. The regular companies will not allow us to fully cover them either. I have lost a couple of classic cars from wrecks that I was unable to have full coverage on them. That really sucks we cannot get full coverage on these cars.

Good luck with your resto.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'd pull the complete rear seat and behind board, then give it to resto folks, if they to re-cover, when they ready for.

Always interesting archeological dig under there. Will have a better idea of what resto had to patch. Can do vacuum cleanup work. Might find build sheet in the seat springs.

Maybe cover front seat if not being restored.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If your shop can get color matched interior panels for the pillar between the doors let me know, I would love a set in the sandalwood/light parchment color. I have a black set in pretty good shape but they require constant touch ups if scratched.

·
Premium Member
9,796 Posts
Why does it have so many door handles?? (j/k). It looks like you are starting with a pretty nice car, so that will save you a lot of aggravation. Best of luck to you in this project.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

I am announcing this with a huge smile ono my face. This week my Sport Sedan will be undergoing a restoration at Columbus & Rods in Columbus, Ga. It is truly a head turner when I am driving it so I need to do it justice and give it back its youth. I will be posting pics periodically on the progress and am open to ideas. I am going with the original colors that are on the vehicle at the present and add a digital dash and disc brakes for starters.
Just wondering if your still a member, I have a 71 and in Columbus, ga and was looking for a shop. How is Columbus & rods? Quality, turn around time ect. How was your experience

1 - 10 of 10 Posts