Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gauge carrier of my '72 SS 454 El Camino is badly deteriorated and has some minor damage. I sent out feelers for a replacement on the parts wanted page. I have been offered several dashes in response to my inquiry. I have noticed some differences in the various offerings and don't know which would be appropriate for my restoration. The last one shown me had a chrome accented slot of some sort just below the radio opening. It was supposed to be for a '72, but mine doesn't have that. I assume that mine is original. How can I identify the correct one for my year/model?

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
The slot was probably for the seatbelt warning light, which most 72 models had. Other than that the carriers are the same for 70-72 chevelle SS.

------------------
Dave
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
72 chevelle
TC member #493
Never forget Earnhardt!

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
That slot you are talking about is for the selt belt warning and all 72 chevelles had that in the dash. Other then that any dash will interchange with your dash

·
Registered
446 Posts
The seat belt warning light was, I believe mandantory on all 72 Chevelles and El Caminos built (or sold, not sure which) after Jan 01, 1972. Early 72's built prior to 72 did not necessarily have this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts