Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with repro dash pads for 70-72 chevelles/el caminos? Do they fit reasonably well?
I've gone through 4 different used pads over the years. Each started out lookin OK but cracks developed. Also the portion of the pad over the instrument cluster seems to rise(?) bend(?). Is this problem limited to southern vehicles?
How about the fitted covers for these? Do they work? TIA

------------------
Rick Schaefer
72 El Camino
TPI 350/700r4
Aces #00140
TEAM CHEVELLE #00038
NCOA #16197

·
Registered
262 Posts
Rick

I cant tell you about the repo pads but I can tell you that the dash cover that is on my car fits and looks very good. in fact I like it better than an original pad. It has been on my car for the 11 years that I have owned it and it looks as good as new. ( It is one of the few things that the previous owner did well) I wish I could tell you what make it is or who supplied it but I cant, sorry.

Clark

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've got the original dash pad on mine, but it has been reupolstered (new vinyl over original board). I'm in Florida and I can tell you that they do tend to crack and bubble easier in the Southern heat. I haven't found anything yet to stop this process from occurring. If you do, let me know. It happens to me too!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was supposed to get a reproduction one for my car with the interior package. It was out of stock, so I got credit instead. Aparently the repro is an all one piece solid pad. Not foam with a 1/16" layer of coating (the part that cracks).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.