Where's the pictures of the progress?!?!
OKAY okay, here some photos for you 😉
All went well removing the engine, the harness and cleaning. Bill powder coated the accessory drive bracket, bought a new power steering pump, new 145a alternator and with Bills help fed the new harness through the firewall.
BTW that's a G body column, less expensive way to get a tilt.
Since I messed up on measuring the mount to bellhousing distance the plates I had would not work. While waiting for another set the inside the car electrical wiring was started. There were many wires that went nowhere to be removed before tying in the new harness.
In 2017 everything was done and we went for a ride around the subdivision, engine ran well, sounded good but the transmission wouldn't shift. Nothing I did helped, Steve drove down from Phoenix and helped trouble shoot the issue. In the process wires were added, wires were cut and in the end the transmission worked. Rather than tidy it all up right then it was bundled and hidden. In addition to removing 40' of wiring a few things that should have been fixed earlier have been. Seats move with the key off now, added a trigger wire for the electric fans to run when the AC is on, added the wiring to use a transmission performance mode switch and wired in a PNP Park Neutral position) switch. That will adjust the idle when in gear and when the AC is on.
So here is what it all looks like now, not pretty, but it is hidden in the console.
Inside the console, out of site and easy to access.