Team Chevelle banner

981 - 990 of 990 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Beth I did swap the right and left backing plates to make the stock parking brake cable interface with the LS brakes easier. The parking brake cable bracket at rear wheel is the F body part cut down and bolted to the lower control arm bolt. Aligns the cable to the backing plate perfectly and the cable runs along the control arm like the stock cable did.

Thanks ! :laugh:

This will make my install a lot easier. Appreciate it !

Reactions: LeoP

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice project. Caught my eye as it is using the 99 454/4L80e ans the 411 computer swap. I'm going to try that on our 99 Suburban.

One question, what happened to the fancy license plates. God of fire/sun and all?

Keep up the good work.

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #983
Rich the plate was changed cause due to cost. AZ has added a fee to our plates for highway safety. I may reinstate the plate, I thought it was cool.

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
The added fee will only last 2 years. The State is discontinuing it due to unpopularity.

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #985
The added fee will only last 2 years. The State is discontinuing it due to unpopularity.
So they say, but in the past things like that never go away. IMO, they are hoping we get used to it.

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #987
A little but it is not done yet. I can't swim to get it to idle consistently and it runs rich when driving at slow speeds. I think if one gets fixed it will solve both issues.

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #990 (Edited)
Well it has 17000 miles on it now, still not running as well as I would like. Have a set of injectors to install, a new set of plugs, need to fix the AC, the compressor went bad, this time it will get a real Sanden not a Sanden "type". Still fun to drive even without ac in 100 degree plus weather. It has a lot of windows to roll down for air flow :laugh:
I'm going to take another try at getting the timing curve dialed in. Right off idle it retards from 12 degrees to 4 and cause a huge stumble. Not sure why, not seeing any knock retard. Need someone to drive it while I watch and adjust.

Thanks Bruce I like the change too.

981 - 990 of 990 Posts