Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

941 - 960 of 990 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Any updates? Or just driving and enjoying. Kinda quiet around here now that Philip has finished the build. You're forcing me to get out in the shop and work on my own car. I've even convinced the wife it's too cold to work on the bathroom tiling job (using a wet tile saw outdoors isn't for me with this cold).

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #942 ·
Eric just driving it, now has 2800 miles and will need to change the oil next week. May have some leaky injectors, it is intermittently burning rich. May take them to a local shop to have them tested, cleaned and calibrated.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Did you ever put the vent shades on it? If so, can you post a picture?

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #945 ·
Back to its roots :D

Coming back from a cruise around town a few days ago we stopped at the grocery store for a few things. The ol' wagon must have felt like it stepped back in time :grin2:

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #946 ·
Drove to the local show and shine, had a great time but when attempting to leave the car would not start. For reasons unknown the fuel pump decided to quit. Changed the relay at the show but pump was still dead. When the car came back from the body shop the gas had turned to a yellowish brown sludge. I cleaned all of that out but I wonder if it contributed to the early failure. Pump is a Delphi and is being replaced under warranty.

Ran into a small issue when attempting to remove the tank, the tailpipe runs under it. I like where the pipe exits so that will not be changed, just need to have a splice point to remove it when necessary. Should have it back on the road tomorrow and ready for the Thursday night show if it is not raining.

The cut will be made where the line is on the pipe and put back together with a band type clamp.

A little side note. Called AAA for a tow home and they stated they do not tow to or from car shows. After asking for a supervisor they did send a rollback to take the car home. To me it is not acceptable to have that stipulation. If the car is driven somewhere and cannot be driven home it should be towed no matter where it is parked. I signed up with Hagerty for their High Octane package. They will tow farther and unlimited times per year, AAA 4 times per year. They also will tow the daily drivers and a car trailer if a classic is on it and the truck breaks down. Have all the other roadside assistance, fuel delivery, battery jump starts, install spare if tire is flat, ect.

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #948 ·
I can see it, it is on photobucket not uploaded from my computer.

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #951 ·
Not sure why you see that David. I paid the ransom so my account is good for hosting.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't see them either. Philip, should have copied the link but another post you made in another thread didn't show me your pic either. -Bob

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #957 ·
I see one image of exhaust pipe with line drawn on it but not "photos or them"

Running opera browser on windows 7 laptop
There is only one in that post, but quite a few in the thread.

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #958 ·
I logged in with a non paying account and can still see the photos. Not sure what is going on.

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #959 ·
Replaced the pump today, not sure it was the problem. The clip that holds the wire connector to the pump body has lost tension and was allowing the connector to loosen. Could not find a replacement connector locally so I did the next best thing...ziptied it :grin2:

Exhaust mod came out good.

Going to install chrome tips next. The tip has the same cut on the end, it the same diameter and will end in the same place. Think it will give the exhaust a finished look.

941 - 960 of 990 Posts