Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I decided to upgrade the interior on the old wagon...I'm thinking of using some Cadillac Catera leather buckets in front.

My question is...what are you guys using for donor/custom rear seats???

What I mean by that, is, the guys with coupes or sedans don't have to worry about what the back of their rear seat look like. Us guys with wagons have most of the rear seat backs exposed...

Is that about as clear as mud???

EDIT: I cross posted this over in upholstery, I hope that was OK...???

·
Registered
617 Posts
Shag carpet and leave the seat folded down!

(Sorry . . . I just had to. :grin2:)

Reactions: SUS396

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
Mike look into the cars that have fold down rear seats, like late model F bodies and 01 Grand Am and the 05 Sunfires are a few that come to mind. I am using the stock rear seat and will eventually have the 06 GTO buckets upholstered to match the rear.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
If you're not set on GM only, maybe a Dodge Magnum 2005+. Most are very light grey leather on the R/T but a Magnum SRT8 would have even nicer seats.
And the Magnum is a wagon with fold down rear, actually the Chargers have the same seats but didn't have the fold down latches, but could be converted.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shag carpet and leave the seat folded down!

(Sorry . . . I just had to. :grin2:)

Thanks Tophog...but I I owned that one when I graduated in 1980!!!

Mike look into the cars that have fold down rear seats, like late model F bodies and 01 Grand Am and the 05 Sunfires are a few that come to mind. I am using the stock rear seat and will eventually have the 06 GTO buckets upholstered to match the rear.

Hell...I never thought about that...I never even thought to check my donor Catera to see if it's rear seats fold down...

If you're not set on GM only, maybe a Dodge Magnum 2005+. Most are very light grey leather on the R/T but a Magnum SRT8 would have even nicer seats.
And the Magnum is a wagon with fold down rear, actually the Chargers have the same seats but didn't have the fold down latches, but could be converted.

Another great idea...I have a good friend who's wife drives a Magnum, I'm gonna' take a look at it tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts