Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is finally going to paint this week after 7 months of prep work but the body shop tells me I need two parts before it can go. The drip rail extensions need to be replaced and I cannot find them anywhere new. I might not be asking for the right thing...it is the removable metal piece the drip rail molding attached to.
Please help, I need to find these! Surely they are out there somewhere. I will take used if in good condition.
Thanks in advance!!

· Premium Member
783 Posts
The drip rails attach to metal which is welded onto the car. Replacing that piece requires cutting a section from a donor car and welding it to yours.

Its not clear from the photo, but if that piece is held on with sheet metal screws then its not what the drip rail molding attaches to, but rather what the weatherstrip is glued to. Its entirely separate from the drip rail.

· Registered
319 Posts
The drip rails attach to metal which is welded onto the car. Replacing that piece requires cutting a section from a donor car and welding it to yours.

Its not clear from the photo, but if that piece is held on with sheet metal screws then its not what the drip rail molding attaches to, but rather what the weatherstrip is glued to. Its entirely separate from the drip rail.
the front of the drip rail unbolts at the a-pillar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.