Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the connector on the temp sending unit, old one fried by the headers. The replacement plug, a way to expensive deal from GM has two white wire, the original has black I think and one has a stripe, green maybe. My question is does it make a difference which way this is connected?? John are you out there????

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
A.C.E.S. 5602
M.C.C. 559
1967 Malibu, 2nd owner.
1971 Malibu, new rat is in. It's the details that take the time!
There is nothing like rowing through the gears at 7500. Stick cars are so much fun they should be a controlled substance!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not really here Wally, Walking out the door. My friends dad is sick. Off-hand I thought the 71s only had one wire. I guess I'm wrong. The original green wire goes back to the idiot. When the switch gets hot is closes and turns on the light. Colors should not make a difference on your new connector. Just hook up the wires to the same position as the old ones. If I missed the answer I try a little bit better in the morning. Let me know.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Wally. The 71 idiot light temp sensor should have only one terminal on it. If your does and has the two wires to the one terminal: It doesn't matter which wire connects to which.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts