Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
It looks like it has been up for auction twice this month, the high bids were just over/under $15,000. It would be interesting to know if it's due to the location of the car or the car itself.

It sits well. Too bad the pictures aren't better.

Steve R

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wondering why they didn't post the vin either after looking at the pics the body work could have been just a funky reflection either way not buying into it being real. Most would put more pics and ones that show SS looks like a paint and flip to me.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,740 Posts
It does have the right dash, not enough pics but I would think someone with a real LS-5 would ask for more $

·
Premium Member
9,056 Posts
Well if it truly was a real LS5 and the seller wanted it to sell then he should post pics of under the hood,the trim tag and at least the first 7 VIN digits.Without them, he's making it look like he's pushing a clone car.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Not a bad looking car (except for the mirrors). I don't like the phony VIN.

Anyway, even if it is a solid, good running clone it is worth the 23K. Lots of people are OK with a well done clone, especially when it comes to Chevelles or Novas. 90% of the SS package is cosmetic. What would you rather have, a 454 SS clone or the real deal with an inline 6?

·
Gold Founding Member
64,099 Posts
Well if it truly was a real LS5 and the seller wanted it to sell then he should post pics of under the hood,the trim tag and at least the first 7 VIN digits.Without them, he's making it look like he's pushing a clone car.
The trim tag or the VIN won't tell anything about it being a "clone" or not.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The trim tag or the VIN won't tell anything about it being a "clone" or not.
Well it could if it is not even 136 car

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This one is back, with a $25,000 buy-it-now price and...ding ding ding...a build sheet.

What do you guys think of the build sheet? Looks like a photocopy at best.

Link to 1971 Chevelle for sale

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can see the last 6 digits ink-stamped in the upper right hand box of the build sheet (they are very, very light - I almost missed them too).

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
This one is back, with a $25,000 buy-it-now price and...ding ding ding...a build sheet.

What do you guys think of the build sheet? Looks like a photocopy at best.

Link to 1971 Chevelle for sale

Was there ever a mention of the build sheet back when this car was on the market before?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts