Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original SS std idiot light gauge cluster that has been converted to SS optional gauges by the Tachman including new ciruit board. But, I need to know which wires on the 12 pin connector are moved around, also where to attach tach and alt leads. I know other wires are also moved. My factory wiring diagram only shows base model gauges, not optional. I have tried to follow circuits, but would feel better if someone who has done this can help. Maybe a picture? I am using a Painless 69-74 GM muscle car harness that has the wires labeled for each function, but I need to plug them into the connector correctly. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot, exactly what I was looking for, the factory manual just doesn't cut it sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
You may already know this.

You may have trouble getting correct operation of the factory designed amp gauge when using the Painless harness. Having it converted to a volt gauge is an option. Also the factory harness has a resistor wire that supplies the voltage regulator if the GEN light burns out or of there is no GEN light as with a gauge dash. Not sure how painless deals with no Gen light. You need about 10 Ohms of resistance between the ignition switched power source and the voltage regulator or Alternator (internal reg).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts