Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 71 ss dash and it has some cut wires could any on help the wires that are cut are near the radio in my dash it is 1 fat pink wire 1 thin pink wire and 1 fat purple wire they seem to gether but to what please help

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no and that is what i thought of first because it looked like the some wiring as my 70 malibus wiring but i thought i should get a second opinion but if that was the case what are the colors for the radio in the 71 ss dash thank in advance

·
Registered
723 Posts
The only large/small pink wire wrapped with a purple wire on mine is the flasher connector.

I have a monte harness out of the car so I was able to see the whole thing.

Tim

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats cool but will it be the same beause your car is a 69 monte carlo and mine is a 71 ss dash and if it is the same what are the radio connectors

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The radio connector has three wires, gray for the light, yellow for power to the radio and black is ground. As already determined the two pink and purple wires are for the signal flasher, The large pink is power , the small pink supplies power to the back up light, the large ppl goes to the signal switch.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but the wires u discribed for the radio is allready in use it is connected to something else it is a 71 ss dash it might be messed up

·
Registered
723 Posts
oops, The connector is on a 71 monte harness for my 71 elco.

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts