Team Chevelle banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Chevelle Heads here is more to ponder over and help out with if ya can:
1)SS Gauges have no indication (gauage or idiot light) for oil pressure right? If so I need some recommendations on the best look to do this. I would like to install a gauge(piller mount/indash somehow).
2) I need a good book on the wiring of the gauge cluster does anyone out there have a pic of the connections or knows by name the book I need and where I can get it. The push in 12 pin connector.
3)The new SS gauges I got has a light right under the Tach in the tach face. What is it for?
Thanks alot if ya can help on this one.
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Ground Up should have the Wiring Diagram (under $10)for the 71. Also the Chassis manuel (under $30)for 71 will have the wiring diagram also. They show with and without guages. You probably would be better off changing your wiring harness under dash to make it easy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More info. The wiring shows Idiot lights only. The gauges are considered mechanical however, the color code is the same reguardless. Thats what Im looking for the 12 pin connector top to bottom left to right (just like you read) I need the purpose and the color. I got my info from Chevy but they wouldnt tell me the colors or the purpose. Still any help would be great.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
You can get a pillar guage mount for like $30 from National Parts Depot.

Also they gauges have a warning light on the tach for oil pressure but a gauge cant hurt and will look awesome on the pillar where its also out of the way and you can keep the dash stock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts