Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Time to upgrade the door trims etc. Decided to go with Fesler fibreglass panels. These look great in the pictures but they need a LOT of finishing work. Considering the price I was disappointed specially after waiting months for them to be shipped all the way down under! Had to change the door handle to a cable one also. They had no arm rests or door handle kits available at the time to go with them either.
Automotive design Grey Rim Auto part Composite material

Hood Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Automotive lighting

Vehicle Hood Aircraft Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

Tire Car Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
Don't you think that it takes up way too much interior room ? That's the impression I'm getting and after seeing a friend of mine with a 66 Charger with a full length console I never wanted one.The regular old 2 seat console is plenty for me.

Reactions: Slider_Oz

·
Registered
10,494 Posts
Looks great so far. The door panels look great as well even though it sounds like they were a pain.

·
Registered
1969 Grand Prix. 455 TH400 12 bolt.
476 Posts
I'm suprised to see positive response among this community. The work looks nice. I don't understand how a single Mustang-looking design is supposed to look good in everything Fesler makes panels for though. They appear to have been recently used in a Model A build I did and I wondered where the shape came from. I don't have to like it but noticed the sameness of your door panels so I looked up Fesler. Custom interiors can have great appeal but everyone seems to want snug modern front drive looking style and to me they look out of place without a balance of equally radical revision of exterior shapes to kill off all the original non custom car look.

Again, very nice looking work. We have a pair of those seats at work and everyone loves them for sitting on but the size has prevented their use on everything we tried them in so far including the build they were intended for. So cutting those down makes good sense to me.

Is the interior finished now? If not, I could generate an image from your pics that could be edited to try colors or other revisions if you'd like any help in that department. fyi. Enjoy the project!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't you think that it takes up way too much interior room ? That's the impression I'm getting and after seeing a friend of mine with a 66 Charger with a full length console I never wanted one.The regular old 2 seat console is plenty for me.
Front is unnoticeable and in the rear - well I don't plan on sitting in the rear... but I wanted to feel a bit like you are in a cockpit or at least supported and this provides that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts