Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I'm new on this forum, having only posted once before. I have a '71 Malibu convertible and am getting ready to build a new garage to rebuild the car in. I've vaulted the roof structure in the front of the garage to accomodate a four post lift. My truss designers have changed the ceiling height slightly and I want to make sure I can put the car up on the lift and not have to worry about crushing it into the ceiling. If anyone with a '70-'72 convertible at stock ride height would be willing to take a few measurements it could possibly save me a world of grief.

What I want would be along the centerline of the car. The point at the end of the hood off the floor, the height of the top/roof at the center of the windshield from the floor, and the distance from there forward to the point of the hood. The height of the center of the back of the roof and how far it is from there to the center of the front of the roof and then the peak of the middle of the trunk lid: it's height from the floor and distance from the center of the rear of the roof. Be generous with the dimensions: I'd rather have a space slightly too big than slightly too small. I'd measure my own car, but its already in pieces and I don't know anyone else with one.

Thanks a bunch

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom,

Thanks for the response. I realize I need 12 feet over the passenger compartment, but as designed, the ceiling slopes downward over the hood and the trunk. I'm concerned about bashing the nose or the end of the trunk against the sloped ceiling, not so much the top against the flat part in the middle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts