Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
14,078 Posts
you can try an aftermarket seat, or buckets from another car...

You can also place a wanted ad in the classifieds, etc...

I placed a wanted ad on Craigslist, and I have probably 10-12 responses... I found "restored" Chevelle buckets in the $650-$800 range ( but none matched the color and year I wanted)...

I ended up getting a set for $50... 1969 GTO/Lemans, but basically the same as a Chevelle except the covers... I recently restored a set for about $800+, which included new springs, new back and side panels with chrome trim, new foam and new covers...

If you find a set with nice springs, that could save you $300+, and another $150 if the backs and sides are nice...

Just take you time, and don't jump on the first set that comes along, unless its in you price range and condition...

If you want something quickly, then you'll probably need to pay the price...

· Registered
12,169 Posts
keep a eye on craigslist, Also when you see chevelles, monte carlos, el caminos come up for sale. call or email and ask if the seller has any other parts available. You'd be surprised at what car guys have laying around. I just sold 2 seats, a set of pui seat covers, backs, aprons and a new console for 700 bucks. So deals are out there. jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.