Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can fine the plastic part of the dash that goes around the gauges ad radio and A/C and all that? it has chrome looking trim around it? The one on the chevelle I was looking at needs replaced and I wouldnt know where to begin looking for one!

Thanks alot people,

------------------
Ryan

·
Registered
348 Posts
ebaymotors.com

parts & accessories

------------------
71-72 Malibu
"I'm high all right, but on the real stuff
High octane gasoline
A clean windshield
And a shoe shine"

·
Registered
446 Posts
The dash on a 71 goes from door to door. It's all one piece. If your looking to replace a Malibu dash, they are readily available and reasonably priced. If it is the dash with the round pods found on SS cars or Malibu's with the optional gauge package, be forewarned the are Expensive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ryan,
I have a 71 also that I just re-did the dash on a few weeks ago. There isn't chrome trim around the gauges, radio and ac as you indicated. Or atleast not on any I have seen. If it's the SS dash that you are talking about I am sure that these didn't come with chrome trim. That type of original finish goes through an electolyte process that equals BIG BUCKS! I looked into it.

What I opted for and what I have seen on many a chevelle is this. I went to Aaron Brother's Artmarts and bought a silver metallic marker and went to town. This is not original but looks good nonetheless. If you choose to go this route, be patient and have a steady hand.

Hope this helps....

Joe P.
1971 LS5 Chevelle SS
1993 Red 454SS Truck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.