Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good clear photo of what a 71 or 72 dash looks like, with the seatbelt warning?

Also..does anyone happen to have a photo of a 71 or 72 convertible with a power top switch?

My buddy has a 70, and it appears that his dash bezel has been switched out at some time for either a 71 or 72 style...because it has a hole for what I believe is the seatbelt warning light...but then we thought that maybe it was meant for a power top switch.

Just wondering what the switch layout would be, photos would be great.

thanks,

john

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the hole is just to the right of where the steering column would pass through the dash, that hole would be for a rear window defogger switch. If the hole you are talking about is more of a rectangular hole and is just to the left of the cig. lighter, it would be for the fasten seatbelts light. If the hole is just to the left oh the cig. lighter and is a somewhat of a circular hole it would have been for a power top switch. I hope this will help.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
PM me, i can send you some tonight, front, back, whatever. I have 2 72 dashes with it sitting on my bench right now.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not mine, saved it because it was the same color interior as mine. But this way I don't have to remember to take the picture at lunch, and I may not even go home. My dash is out, so if you still need a pict with the switch out or another angle or something let me know. You'll see the top switch on the bottom right hand of the dash in the picture. It has two silver trim rings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts