Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ihave the dacals for the trans lines,thottle cable,manual steering box and i was wondering if anyone had any photos of their cars so I could see the locations of there.Thanks in advance.

Ray

------------------
Ray Griffin
70 LS6

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Ray, I have done numerous '70 Chevelles and the decals can go just about anywhere. The most common place I have seen the trans line tags are on the vertical part of the tube just before it enters the radiator. The trottle cable tag can go just about anywhere also but if you have a build sheet, double check. I believe the aftermarket sells a "CE" and I think it should be "CS" for the LS-6. The paper tag "CN" for the master cylinder goes between the rubber tube and the check valve on the booster. The manual steering doesn't get a decal but has a "DL" stamp facing rear and on the right rear upper corner. Hopefully this helps.

------------------
"Details Make the Difference"

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>'68 SS427 Impala
<LI>'69 SS427 Impala Convertible
[/list]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick,thanks for your repley,as for the trans lines the decals i got are GJ7775 AND GJ7776,which one goes on the top line?bottom?the thottle cable decal i got is the CE,I dont have a build sheet as my car was built a the flint plant.And last the sticker i got for the steering box is a yellow oval decal with DL on it.Thanks

Ray Griffin

------------------
Ray Griffin
70 LS6

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Ray, according to my notes, the trans cooler lines should be GI and GJ. I need to dig further and find the correct corresponding line for each sticker. The CE throttle sticker will do fine unless you are trying to certify the car, but it should be CS for the LS-6 (and probably also the L-78). Lastly, I have never seen a DL sticker on a manual only the stamp. Possibly others can verify.

------------------
"Details Make the Difference"

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>'68 SS427 Impala
<LI>'69 SS427 Impala Convertible
[/list]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick,you are right the GI and GL decals for the lines,my mistake.Does anyone make the correct thottle cable decal for the LS6?.Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have the GJ trans.tag on the bottom line.
My car has Power steering so BA yellow decal on it.
CE and CC are the Accelerator tags.I looked through all my buildsheet and see some had CC and some had CE.Mine has CE.
There doesn't seem to be a pattern.Either with or without Power steering.L-34,L-78,LS-5,or LS-6 all used them.All the plants did as well.I'll keep looking for a pattern.

------------------
Rick Peters
NCOA#1670-ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.