Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the Monte dashes do not have the big holes for mounting the wood grain. Instead they have small slots. One on the left side of the left vent hole and two slots on the right side of the heater controls. My original Chevelle SS dash (not 100% sure) has the slots on the right but not on the left. Would those of you who know that their dash is original to the car look for these slots and post what you find. Thanks for helping, Steve.

[This message has been edited by Steve Johnson (edited 07-07-2001).]

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I'll look again, but I believe mine has the slots on both sides. I know it is original as I have the bs pop and have spoken to the previous two owners, I am the third. As many people know, there are many variations on these dash housings, I am mainly speaking about the monte housings.

------------------
Dan Anderson
'70 SS 396
'70 Concours Wagon
'70 Nomad Wagon
'64 2-door Wagon
TC#1053 ACES#4161

·
Registered
964 Posts
I checked on my Dash,and it is like yours.Slots are visible next to the Heater controls,nothing by the Air vents.I also checked on another Dash in storage,it is also the same way as yours.
They are reproducing these Dashes by the way.There is a company taking orders at $295.00 a Dash,$40.00 for the Ashtray and $40.00 for the Glovebox door.Only 1970 Chevelle Dashes.All on back order right now.

------------------
Rick Peters
ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

·
Registered
293 Posts
Rick, those aren't the long-awaited dashes from Ground Up are they? Heck, at that price (if they're decent quality) it's cheaper to replace one than have it redone.

------------------

Mark
1970 SS454 LS6 (nom)
-------------------------
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom to achieve a measure of 'safety' deserve neither freedom nor safety."

·
Registered
24 Posts
They will probably be repop quality though.
Nothings better than the originals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.