Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 700r4 in my chevelle, and I am kind of confused. The guy I bought it from had it in a firebird with 500 hp and he had it built from a local shop and ran it with no problem. Now here is where i am confused I have not wired in a switch and the tranny locks up in second gear and 3 and 4 while driving also it has a manual valve body. The car will die when i and going to park with my shiftier I am using a hammer shiftier from B&M and you have to go into overdrive to put it in park. Why does it lock up in 4 and not moving???? also It came with a tci lock up converter. Any help would be helpful oh I forgot he could not give me any real info on it he is the type of guy that says here is the cash go build this for me. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I have put over 4000 miles on it while on vacation then the Hot Rod Power Tour. Now that I am driving around town with it, it is a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
am no expert but will tell you what am doing in my 67ss. bought a late model brake light switch (attaches to a boss near the brake pedal). wired an ignition hot wire to the switch thru a 10amp inline fuse. this is the only wire going to my 700r4. it goes to the 4th gear solenoid. when you depress the brake pedal, it cuts the 12v off temporarily and disengages the lock up solenoid. this is the way my builder told me to do it and I have had no issues in 4000+ miles. there are several several posts on here with all kinds of great info too. my builder told me that if I did want to use a lock-up switch to go for the b&m unit that reads the speedometer instead of a vacuum type deal...hope this helps..

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'd check and see if it was built with the 3/8 ball installed in the snout of the lock up solenoid. Doing it this way u don't need a wire run to the trans. Then it would b OK to run the wiring as The Heckler say's. C-ya Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts