Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a post that had instructions on hooking up a lock-up kit for a 700r4 in a 70 chevelle. I remember the kit had relay numbers and instructions but I cannot find the post with that info. Do you know the post or where I can find those numbers again?
thank you for your help,

·
Registered
365 Posts
What lock up kit are you looking for instructions to? Lots of ways to lock up a 700r4. You want it to automatically in 3rd and 4th or by a driver controlled switch?

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
You can use the single terminal grounding pressure switch and the 2 wire TC solenoid already in your valve body. You need a cruise control interrupt brake light switch from an 80's GM car (mine was from an 84 Camaro). The brake switch terminals will plug into your factory harness. Wire a 12V ignition source to one terminal of the cruise control switch, the other terminal run it into your pan through one terminal of the Weatehrpack connector. Inside the pan run the wire to the + or red side of the TC solenoid and the - or black side to the terminal on your pressure switch. The pressure switch needs to be screwed into the 4th gear pressure port.

Theory of operation: With ignition on and foot off the brakes, 12V is applied to the TC solenoid. If you are in 4th gear, the pressure switch will complete the circuit and engage the TCS. Step on the brakes and the circuit is interrupted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts