Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help on installing a 700R4 in my 64 Chevelle.
I’m installing a new 350 engine equipped with a Holley 4160 carb and 700R4 tranny.
im looking for info/suggestions on what to use for throttle and kickdown cables and brackets.
The only complete set up I’ve come across so far is the Lokar 03-0042 kit that Summit shows $$$.
any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
On my 66 I used a pedal from a 67 Camaro 6 cylinder ( it runs a cable instead of a throttle rod) if I remember correctly, and a lokar universal throttle cable. Had to drill in firewall to set that up. I bet for 700r4 TV cable one of the GM applications from 80s probably works. Camaro maybe ?

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
It's not an adjustment. Don't think of it that way. It's a setting.
There is only one place for it.

First is to check that your gas pedal can pull the throttle all the way open.
Put a stick on the gas pedal and then go to the carb to see if you can move it back any more.

Once you have that confirmed, the TV cable is set by opening throttle wide open and the TV cable is pulled all the way out. I like to unclip the TV cable from the bellcrank, open the throttle wide open, pull the TV cable by hand all the way. It should be right beside where it clips on. If it lands forward of that bellcrank knobbie thingy, then it's not correct.
Adjust until correct.

Cable below just needs a bracket:

1989 CHEVROLET CAMARO 5.7L 350cid V8 Detent Cable | RockAuto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts