Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys quick question, planning a 700 r4 install on my 66 and I’m aware the cross member will have to be moved back however I’m also planning on 3” exhaust and I know there is several aftermarkets out there to help accommodate both of these things which brand have u guys had good luck with in your rides? So many out there just curious what’s been working for everyone thanks in advance.

· Registered
3,673 Posts
Not a direct match (haven't done a '66 with a 700r4 yet) but I've had good success with G-force cross members in my cars with other combos ('72 with a 2004r for example.)

· Registered
3,954 Posts
When I replaced my TH400 with a 700R4, I had to move the original crossmember back (about 3", not 100% sure) and drill one missing hole in the frame on each side. The front hole was re-used. One other thing that was needed was to "make a little room" in the floor pan for the accumulator on the front right side, but other than that, it bolted right in (but my car is a '71... not sure for a '66 though...)
Good luck,
Claude. (y)

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I have seen that G force used quite a bit , and everyone seems to be happy with them if it was not for the 3” exhaust that will be run I would do like you said and just slide it back but I’m sure the exhaust is going to interfere and just trying to get ahead of the obstacles I’m going to run into. I will have to look around and see who’s has the best price on these. Thanks guys

· Registered
3,954 Posts
Thanks guys I have seen that G force used quite a bit , and everyone seems to be happy with them if it was not for the 3” exhaust that will be run I would do like you said and just slide it back but I’m sure the exhaust is going to interfere and just trying to get ahead of the obstacles I’m going to run into. I will have to look around and see who’s has the best price on these. Thanks guys
In my case, I have a complete 3" stainless steel exhaust system along with the stock crossmember moved back (like I explained in my previous post) and the crossmember does not interfere with the exhaust system (but clearance might be different on a '66).
Good luck,
Claude. ;)

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my case, I have a complete 3" stainless steel exhaust system along with the stock crossmember moved back (like I explained in my previous post) and the crossmember does not interfere with the exhaust system (but clearance might be different on a '66).
Good luck,
Claude. ;)
Good luck,
Claude. ;)

Thanks for all the helpful info sure do appreciate it,man would be nice if someone had the exact setup and could clear this up maybe someone will chime in thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.