Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hands on a 71 ss chevelle dash i have a 70 malibu my car is a 350 tranny auto and 350 the car is a colum car . I bought a new wiring harness to replace the 71 harness for a 70 i need to now what does the wire that seems to go through the firewall go to and what is the best what to get it through. (remember my car is an a/c car). My other question is the is set of three wires that go to the very end of the harness the colors are a light blue an orange and a yellow they end up in a three prong female end if it helps thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
If the wire is a brown wire it goes to the coil for the tach. The three wires at the end go to a relay that you want have because you have an A/C car so tape off and dont worry about them.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Agree that you don't need those 3 wires but I think the guy from Florida meant resistor, not relay. On the non A/C car the blower motor speed resistors are inside the car. On an A/C car they are under the hood and the option A/C harness is used to connect to them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what does that harness look like because i have two other set of wire near the ac heat contol would be but it is not the seperate harness for ac it is conected to the dash harness. the wires look like one set is i thank it was two brown wires the go together to create a one plug female end and the other set are a set of five wires (they are two orange wires one i larger than the other a light blue wire a yellow wire and a thick brown wire) the two orange go together so the plug is a 4 plug female thanks

ps how woud i now if i got the plug that goes into the back of the round gauges right u now the one that make the dash lights work along with every thing else

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The A/C harness should be going to the resistor and relay under the hood. Just follow those wires back through the firewall. Wires should eend up behind the switches in the center of the dash.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the wires that i mentioned today are part of the dash harnes im look ing at my harness out of the car and the are on it they are located near the radio power supply their discription is above

1 - 6 of 6 Posts