Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Yes I will looking at the Classic Auto Air system because the lines run through the firewall instead of into the kick panel. Had that in my FB and I hated it.

Was looking at a LSD for the 3.08’s in the back. Thinking of keeping them because the initial drive on the 6L90 is so low that it shouldn’t make a difference.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Well, after just under 5 years of my living in the mid-west while the wagon lived in southern Nevada, it shall be delivered this coming Thursday. I’ll post pictures and experiences once she’s landed. I definitely have some feedback on a thing or two.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Well, the car is back in my possession. I do love this car, but I’m not 100% sure my heart is in this project any more. Probably just feeling a bit overwhelmed about a couple of items and the fact that the body needs more work than I remember. The fuel tank needs to be cleaned, or at least I need to inspect it to see how much work it might need.

I’m thinking about an efi tank, but not sure of the Chevelle tank with license plate full will just bolt in or if I should go with the Elky tank and modify a fill tube to utilize the wagon fill door. Going either of those two routes will require cutting out the tool tub in the floor and then require some more fab work. Im thinking about creating, and I don’t know exactly what it is called, but one of those rings that sandwich the metal and has a removable panel.

I could go have the existing tank done at Gas Tank Renu in Shakopee, but that could get pricey to the point an EFI tank could make sense.
718C4396-690B-46BA-9CDF-3A1405281921_1592493341903.jpg

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Maybe it’s starting to grow on me. I have to undo some things that were done by myself as well others.

I definitely need to rethink the oil pan situation and I might replace the BRP mounts with something else. And if I’m going to go that far, I guess I should do a cam and trunions and a tune.

I also came across these, which I’m pretty sure didn’t exist 5 years ago or I probably would have purchased them:
https://www.qa1.net/automotive/suspension/shocks-struts-coil-overs/stock-mount-coil-over-systems

I don’t think I’ll get to the A/C or limited slip until next spring.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts