Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get these new? I found out it was a faulty resistor causing my temp guage to not ground and put the one from my old fuel gauge on it. It works but its reading too hot, I think its reading 225. I'm not expecting my car to run that hot with a mild 355 with stock fan, big block radiator, and the hood open with my dads huge shop fan blowing in that direction.

My dad is calling the chevy dealership, any other ideas where I can get one? How bout the ohm reading of a yellow stickered one and maybe a standard resistor for electronics from radio shack will work ?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have an Uncle who works at a Radio Shack here in Tulsa. At least the one he works at rarely stocks resistors like that anymore, he says. Might look around for a specialized electronic shop.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a guy in town with an extra set of SS gauges, the fuel gauge has a yellow stickered one like was on my temp guage so I'm going to test it out and see if its good, if not I'll give ya an email EC. Thanks!

My dad called all over the country yesterday and turned up squat as far as new ones go...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Do you know what value of resistance or the wattage? I'm sure I could find something at my local Electronic surplus store.

Everything from 1 Ohm 1/2 watt to 1,000,000 1 Watt resistors can be found there. Radio crap has always sucked for parts.
DG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts