Ditto with what some others have provided. No M21 with any LS5. Build sheet shows paint code 75 B (black vinyl top) yet trim tag shows no vinyl top
- Box 10 - SCHED NO DATE block ua wrong format.
- Box 11 - FRAME code not correct for Arlington
- Box 16 - REAR SHOCK code wrong
- Box 17 - STAB BAR code wrong
- Box 19 - PROP SHAFT colors wrong for LS6/manual
- Box 20 - EXHAUST code wrong
- Box 21 - FAN CLUTCH code wrong
- Box 22 - FAN PULLEY code wrong
- Box 23 - VAC FITTINGS code wrong
- bOX 24 - DP SEQ NO wrong format
That's just the first line. The codes are correct for various other plants but wong for Arlington. Now jump to box 107...
B22 DR EMBLEM SS does not appear on LS5/LS6 build sheet
%A51 STRATO BKT ST not shown but trim code 756 is black bucket seats
J50 VAC PWR BRAKES listed in the wrong column
JL2 PWR DISC BRKS listed in the wrong column and wrong verbiage (BRKS not BRAKES)
*LS5 V8 454 CI 4B wrong verbiage (LS5 454 4BL HC ENG)
*M21 4 SPDF TRANS already discussed as not available with the LS5 and verbiage incorrect (%M21 4 SPD FS TRANS)
PL4 F70X14 LTW BLT wrong verbiage (PL4 F70X14 BW BLTD)
T60 HD BATTERY - wrong column
*U23 COURTISY LIGHT note"COURTISY" spelled wrong AND no such item as U23; U29 COURTESY LITE would be correct.
The VIN plate on the dash should read 136370R216914. What is stamped on the block NEVER includes the series or body style (i.e. 13637) but does add "1" for Chevrolet, "0" for 1970, "R" (in this case) for Arlington, then the last 6 digits of the VIN sequence..
The engine stamp is VERY questionable. The Tonawanda date stamp looks like the letter "O" was used instead of the number "0"..
See 1970 Chevelle Engine Pad Photos
for examples of good engine date stamps.