Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know some of you are wanting to choke me over buying another "dream" car. So here goes again. I seen 70 trans am on the bay. Very poorly described. Car went for $4800 last time and buyer backed out. So he relists. Something told me to go look. Well the car is 99% complete down to the original 12 bolt and rear sway bar. Only thing missing is the original 400 ram air 3. It was replaced by YD 400. Original carb, intake, timing cover, all sending units everything is there! Car is kind of rough but solid foundation. Rear rails are good and most of floors is good. The damn thing RUNS! Runs very good at that! It has headers but i have the ram air manifolds. Original 400 turbo trans and car looks to have 102k original miles. Only thing missing is tach and shaker base. What is a non-motor original 70 trans am worth polar white? I feel this is a very good score.

Where would the build sheet be? I am sure its in there somewhere. Did the second gen cars have the build sheet?

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
You're going to wind up being one of those old guys that passes on with 19 semi trailers full of rare old cars Mike. :D
pot, meet kettle, minus the "rare" part :D

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
From what you describe, I'd pull the trigger on that one. Get the most correct motor/parts and restore. Trans Ams are climbing the ladder quickly.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes i tried to sway from ebay again since i almost got scammed on a 69 camaro last month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.